On 2nd February we held a training day with a number of the Arabian Racing Organisation (ARO) trainers in Newbury. From 1st January 2020 all ARO registered trainers will be required to have their horses on the Equine MediRecord system
The day was hosted by our Chief Executive Officer, Pierce Dargan, and Chief Operating Officer, Finlay Dargan, as well as ARO Chairman, Charles Gregson, and ARO Commercial and Finance Director, Genny Hayes. Our system will replace the paper medicines register that was in use until the 2020 season.
Our system was warmly received by the ARO members. Paul Simmons commented ‘A great session. Well done ARO this new system will be very helpful’
The Arabian Racing Organisation
The Arabian horse is recognised worldwide as the purest and oldest of all horse breeds. Hailing from the Middle Eastern deserts its stamina was an invaluable asset, ensuring it could carry its rider at speed across miles of open desert with little food or water.
Today, almost every breed and type of horse has traces of Arab blood and all English Thoroughbreds are descended from three horses: Byerley Turk, Darley Arabian or Godolphin Arabian, which were imported to Britain in the early 1700s.
The UK Arab Racing season runs from early May until September and features race meetings held at some of the leading racecourses across the country.
The Arabian Racing Organisation is responsible for the following activities:
- Regulation- we maintain and develop the regulations for the sport, which are approved annually by the British Horseracing Authority
- Race Planning- we organize the Fixture list on an annual basis and implement the decisions of the Race Planning Committee
- Publications- we publish the regulations, racing calendars and all information relating to racemeetings
- Promotion- we are responsible for the promotion of the sport as a whole and of individual racemeetings
- Planning- strategic planning for the future of the sport
- Represent the UK- including attending meetings of the International Federation for Arabian Horseracing Authorities.
You can find out more about the Arabian Racing Organisation on their website here.
The Equine MediRecord system is now mandated for use by all Purebred Arabian Racehorses in the UK since 2020. The Arabian Racing Organisation instructed the use of the Equine MediRecord system by its members to help improve the welfare of the horses under their supervision. To find out more about our Equine MediRecord system visit our website here.